No win no fee employment solicitors
Your case will always be handled by experienced no win no fee employment solicitors.
What is ‘no win no fee’?
‘No win no fee’ means just that: if you are not ‘successful’ with your claim then you will not have to pay us any fees, and that one of our specialist no win no fee employment law solicitors will deal with your case.
‘Success‘ normally means:
No win no fee funding means that our incentives are aligned with yours: normally in these types of cases we don’t get paid unless you do. If you are successful with your claim (or if your case is settled on an agreed basis) then we will normally take an agreed percentage of any amount that is awarded by the court or under any settlement (as applicable). Our no win no fee employment solicitors will always advise you on the appropriate course of action to take with your case.
How our no win no fee funding works
We will assess your case and, if we’re able to take your case on a no win no fee basis, then we would let you know and offer you funding on a no win no fee basis; once the paperwork has been completed we will then assign one of our no win no fee employment solicitors to your case. We are, sometimes, also able to offer a free consultation, but that depends on how busy the team is at any given time.
We will, as part of our discussion regarding funding options, also discuss alternative appropriate funding options (such as hourly rate basis, fixed fee, or funding under Legal Expenses Insurance – click here to see all of our funding options available)
As detailed above, ‘no win no fee’ means that if you are “successful” with your claim (as defined above) then we would be paid a percentage (normally no more than 35%, and usually between 15% and 35%) of any award made by the Tribunal or settlement reached between the parties; if you’re not successful with your claim then you will not normally owe us anything. Hence ‘no win no fee’.
What our no win no fee employment solicitors do for you
Our no win no fee employment lawyers will deal with all aspects of your case, as per what is agreed with you under our terms and conditions. Our employment lawyers will progress your case and seek to secure a “success” for you, whether that is a settlement or winning the case in the Employment Tribunal.
What kind of cases do we take on a ‘no win no fee’ basis
Most cases that our no win no fee employment solicitors deal with on a ‘no win no fee’ basis are ‘pre-action’, meaning that the claim hasn’t been issued yet and we are trying to obtain a settlement for you before you issue the claim – it is normally better, all things being equal, to settle your claim (via a settlement agreement) without starting litigation in the Employment Tribunal because you avoid the cost, stress, hassle, and time of dealing with an Employment Tribunal claim. You also avoid the risk that your claim may not be successful in the Employment Tribunal.
We do, on occasion, offer ‘no win no fee’ funding for claims brought in the Employment Tribunal, but we are very strict about when we take on a case brought in the Employment Tribunal.
To summarise, there are generally three types of case that we can look to offer a no win no fee funding agreement for:
- Where, prior to any employment tribunal claim being brought, you have been offered a settlement agreement and want to negotiate the compensation being paid under it (by increasing the value of the offer made to you);
- Where, prior to any employment tribunal claim being brought, you have not been offered a settlement agreement but want to try and negotiate a settlement for your employment dispute;
- Where you wish to bring an employment tribunal claim and have not yet issued the claim;
- Where you have already issued a claim in the employment tribunal and wish to obtain funding on a no win no fee basis
The types of claim that we deal with on a no win no fee funding basis
Our no win no fee employment lawyers will consider taking almost any types of Employment Tribunal claim on a ‘no win no fee’ basis – we have dealt with the following employment claims on a no win no fee basis before:
- Unfair dismissal
- Constructive dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal claims (including, for example, situations where you may have been dismissed for gross misconduct)
- Breach of contract
- Disability discrimination
- Sex discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Race discrimination
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Maternity leave discrimination
As detailed above, we also offer legal support for advice on settlement agreements on a no win no fee basis.
How we judge whether to take your case on a no win no fee basis
Our no win no fee employment solicitors will generally use the following process to determine whether we can offer you no win no fee funding:
- A discussion with you: one of our no win no fee employment lawyers will call you to discuss the circumstances of your case with you
- Information collection: we will ask you to upload relevant documents to our platform and fill in a questionnaire – this allows us to obtain as much information about your case as possible so we can then undertake a risk assessment of your case
- Analysis: once we have your information we will undertake a risk analysis of your case. If your case meets certain broad criteria then we will normally be able to offer you no win no fee funding; if your case does not meet those criteria then we will let you know and discuss alternative funding options with you
- Decision: once we have undertaken the risk assessment of your case we will make a decision about whether we are able to offer you no win no fee funding, and we will let you know the outcome
- Terms and conditions: if we can offer you no win no fee funding we will then send a copy of our terms and conditions to you – you will not be a client of Redmans until both you and Redmans have signed the terms and conditions
Employment Tribunal no win no fee cases – how we deal with them
It is uncommon that we will take on an Employment Tribunal claim on a no win no fee basis if it has already been issued in the Employment Tribunal, unless exceptional circumstances apply.
We do offer clients funding for their Employment Tribunal claim on a no win no fee basis if the claim is yet to be issued, but only if it meets our criteria for funding and is approved by the Partner in the employment team.
Case studies of cases deal with by our no win no fee employment solicitors
- Redmans helps client to settle her sexual harassment claim against her boss – How one of our no win no fee employment lawyers represented a client in settlement agreement negotiations, and secured an ex-gratia payment for her (read the case study)
- Redmans helps settle sexual harassment case for male client for over £20,000 – How Chris Hadrill, a specialist employment solicitor, helped a male client who had been sexually harassed at work to settle their potential claims against their employer for over £20,000 (read the case study)
- Redmans secures £11,000 and a reference for client in settled Employment Tribunal victimisation claim – How Chris Hadrill, a specialist no win no fee employment solicitor, represented a client in an Employment Tribunal claim and secured the client £11,000 tax-free ex-gratia compensation and a reference through a COT3 agreement (a form of settlement agreement) (read the case study)
- Client wins almost £20,000 in Employment Tribunal unfair dismissal claim – How Chris Hadrill successfully represented an employee on a no win no fee basis in an Employment Tribunal unfair dismissal claim and won just under £20,000 for his client (read the case study)
- Client wins over £30,000 in Employment Tribunal after successful disability discrimination claim – How Chris Hadrill successfully represented an employee on a no win no fee basis in an Employment Tribunal disability discrimination claim and won over £30,000 for his client, as well as succeeding with claiming his client’s costs back from the other side (read the case study)
Contact one of our specialist employment solicitors to discuss no win no fee funding for your case
Our no win no fee employment law experts will work with you to find a solution to your workplace problem, regardless of what issue you are facing.
To see what we can do for you:
- Call us on 020 3397 3603;
- Email us;
- Contact us using our online submission form; or
- Complete and return the full NO WIN NO FEE QUESTIONNAIRE where you can also upload documents. This should preferably be completed where you wish us to consider your case in more detail.
How we will deal with your no win no fee funding enquiry
A no win no fee enquiry will generally (but not always) be dealt with as follows:
- You submit your enquiry: you can call us on 02033973603, email us, or request a call back
- Once you have submitted your enquiry one of our specialist employment lawyers will review your enquiry you and contact you to discuss your enquiry with you. All of our employment lawyers are members of the Employment Lawyers Association;
- If your matter is approved to continue by one of our employment lawyers you will then be asked to complete the NO WIN NO FEE QUESTIONNAIRE and to upload your documents;
- Once you have uploaded your documents and completed your questionnaire one of our specialist employment lawyers will review your case and let you know whether we can offer you funding on a no win no fee basis
We would be grateful if you could keep the information that you are providing us with to a minimum, if possible – be as short and precise as you possibly can. If you send us large amounts of confidential documents or your matter is potentially complex then whether we offer you a free evaluation of your no win no fee funding application is at our discretion – we will tell you after we have reviewed your enquiry whether we are able to provide a free initial evaluation or whether there will be a charge for this.
Please note that, by submitting the no win no fee assessment form, you are confirming that you have understood and agreed to the terms of the assessment as detailed on the no win no fee assessment form page
What happens if we are not able to offer you no win no fee funding for your employment dispute
If we are not able to offer you no win no fee funding for your employment dispute then we can look at alternative options for providing you with our expert employment law advice – we offer the following options to clients for legal advice on employment law, and can discuss which is most appropriate for you:
- Hourly rate funding; or
- Fixed fee funding
Further details on our charges and legal fees are set out on our charges page.